When it comes to fragrances, people are different. For instance, I associate fragrances with seasons. There are ones I love during Summer, and can’t stand during Winter. It’s a subconscious thing, but I always switch fragrances when seasons change. If you are like me, I can suggest you 8 fragrances to get you in an Autumnal mood quickly.
- Maison Margiela Replica Autumn Vibes – Maison Margiela’s fragrances are famous for sealing a specific moment & feeling in a bottle. Here it is the feeling of escapism from a stroll in the underwood of an Autumn forest, created by Cedarwood essence and Moss accord. The vibrant sensation of colorful leaves crunching under one’s feet is created by Pink Pepper essence and Cardamom essence. It is a strong aroma, and more masculine one.
- BYREDO Vanille Antique – Vanilla fragrances are my favorite for Autumn and Winter. They are deep and warm. Vanille Antique is the first titular Byredo fragrance centered around perfumery’s rarest raw ingredient. Here, the smoky scent of vanilla bean becomes charged with history and character; transforming into something unexpected, less syrupy and more nuanced. The expected sweetness of vanilla is cut through by textures of earthiness and darkness, a warming mix of cashmere wood, ciste and musk form an intoxicating ambrosia.
- Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin – This is a unique fragrance. It’s unisex and feels very warm and spicy as well. Top notes are Saffron, Lime and Bergamot; middle notes are Sandalwood, Guaiac Wood and White Musk, while base notes are Madagascar Vanilla, Texas Cedar and Papyrus.
- VAN CLEEF & ARPELS Bois d’Amande – I love most of Van Cleef & Arpels creations. Very sophisticated and unique. This one has top notes of Almond and Lemon; middle note of Virginia Cedar and base notes – Vanilla and Musk. I told you I love Vanilla based fragrances, although this one is very obvious.
- Dior Vanilla Diorama Fragrance – I haven’t tried this one, but I am sure I will like it. This is a more exquisite line of Dior Perfumes and reading the fragrance pyramid, it seems like a lovely fragrance. Top notes are Orange, Pink Pepper and Lemon; middle notes are Rum, Cacao and Cardamom; base notes are Bourbon Vanilla, Sandalwood and Patchouli.
- Gucci Mémoire d’une Odeur – The strangest fragrance that I ever liked. Many people dislike Gucci Memoire but I think there’s something really pretty about its strangeness. Very Autumnal. Top notes are Chamomile and Bitter Almond; middle notes are Musk, Indian Jasmine and Jasmine; base notes are Sandalwood, Cedar and Vanilla.
- AERIN Ambrette De Noir Eau De Parfum – AERIN fragrances are also exquisite. I love most of them and this Oriental Floral Amber perfume seems like a great one. Notes include: Rose Infusion, Freesia, Incense, White Peony, Orange Flower Absolute, Jasmine Petals, Ambrette / Tonka Absolute Co-Distillation, Vanilla Bourbon, Cedarwood, Ambrox
- Maison Margiela By the Fireplace Eau de Toilette – Remember the reassurance of chestnuts grilling in the chimney and a crackling wood fire? This is what feeling Replica By the Fireplace perfume leaves you with. This warm and cozy Eau de Toilette fuses the smoky scent of burning wood with notes of gaiac wood, cashmeran and clove oil. The scent of roasted chestnuts is recreated by a blend of chestnuts notes and red berries oil. The sweet notes of vanilla reinforce the warm and cozy sensation brought by this perfume.