Location: San Siro Stadium (Giuseppe Meazza), Milan, Italy
One of the many things Ron and I ever wanted to do was watch a football game on a major International stadium. Booking a hotel for Fashion Week near Milan’s San Siro was a pure coincidence. Our first reservation got cancelled, so we had to quickly find another place to stay. Imagine how thrilled we were upon our arrival when we found out that a game was about to take place. Once again life proved me that everything happens for a reason – at the right moment and within the right circumstances.
So, I put on my sports POLO shirt, a pair of jeans, some comfy shoes and headed to the box office to buy tickets for AC Milan vs Spal. Food trucks started loading around the San Siro stadium a.k.a. Giuseppe Meazza. People were already coming in. Ron and I grabbed some panini, had a conversation about life and how sooner or later the things you want become reality. Then, we headed in. I was amazed by the size of the venue with over 80 000 seats. The rest is “emotions”. If you ever get the chance to watch a sports game live on an internationally famous venue – go do it. It’s a worthy, worthy thrill.
Here are also a few useful tips regarding the stadium and buying tickets:
- San Siro Stadium is located in a quiet area 5 km from Milan’s city center and 7 km from Central Station.
- It is easily reachable with metro line M5 (purple).
- There are two box offices by the stadium – on the North and on the South.
- You can’t buy tickets between 13:00 and 15:00 – it’s the Italian riposo (same as the Spanish siesta)
- You will need your ID when buying the tickets.
- AC Milan’s fans occupy a specific zone. Ask at the desk about it when purchasing your tickets.
- Tickets start selling at 20 euro and can reach over 100 euro.
- Online tickets are sold at viagogo.com
You can also go on a guided tour. It would cost you around 17 euro.
Jeans – Lauren Ralph Lauren
T-shirt – Polo Ralph Lauren
Men’s Bomber Jacket – Polo Ralph Lauren
Purse – Michael Kors (similar)
Shoes – Clarks (currently on sale)
*In partnership with Ralph Lauren. All opinions are mine.