It’s Monday and I really wanted to start the week with something positive and inspiring. Like how one can make their days feel happier. So, I thought I can share with you 7 ways to get an instant mood boost. All of these work for me perfectly every time. It’s not anything exquisite or new. You are way aware of these, but I believe we tend to forget and we need to be reminded every once and a while.
- Do a nice thing for someone else. Even if they didn’t asked for it. The act of helping will make you feel useful and great about yourself. Not to mention that an act of goodness is always rewarded with an act of goodness – one way or another.
- Do something nice for yourself. Buy yourself that dress you’ve had an eye on for a while. Or enjoy an ice cream. Just treat yourself with something that will make you happy. The easiest thing.
- Compliment somebody else. If you see a woman whose hair looks fantastic today, go tell her! Or whatever else good you notice, go share. Complimenting creates positive vibes around, and we need more of them.
- Compliment yourself. Happiness always comes to loving yourself. So, take a moment in front of the mirror, and appreciate everything that needs to be appreciated. It’s a game-changer.
- Enjoy a moment of sunshine. A study shows that the brain produces more of the mood-lifting chemical serotonin on sunny days than on darker days. So, the more time you spend under the shining sun – the better. Luckily, we are currently living the sunniest seasons of all.
- Be initiative. Suggest. Give ideas. Especially when it comes to friends and spending quality time together. Do not wait for someone else to propose an outing. Call your friends and don’t go home after work, but rather enjoy quality time together. It’s Summer. Time to change that boring routine you’ve adopted over the Winter.
- Plan a trip. Travel enhances creativity and is a great stress relief. Plus, just the anticipation of going on vacation will boost your mood. And now is the perfect opportunity to plan not one, but a few trips. ;)
Feel free to share more ways that boost your mood in the comments below. I will love to hear from you!
Have a blessed and wonderful new week!