I bought those mustard pants during the sales at MANGO with another pair of cherry red ones. Since it’s a tough job for me to find properly fitting tailored pants, it makes sense why I jumped at the two colors. Analyzing their strengths, I understood what a good pair looks like. Here are a few tips on what to look for in tailored pants:
• Cotton and cotton-blend fabrics are preferred. They’d hide those little body flaws much better.
• Mid-to-High rise waist will elongate the legs.
• Proper length based on your heights is a must. Always adjust length – too long doesn’t look good. Tailored pants need to be tailored perfectly.
• Never go too tight, or too loose, unless you want to look funny.
• Opt for seamed pockets on the back and front – they are delicate, comfortable and make you look slimmer. If placed higher, those on the back can lift it up in a sexy way.
• Hidden buttons are preferred because the etiquette of tailored pants requires it.
• Belt loops are always welcome – in case you feel like accessorizing or you loose some weight. :)
And to achieve the best look – go high in your shoes. This is good for straightening you posture and elongating your body.
However, this look in particular dates back to our time in Greece a month ago. It’s one of those outfits you’ll see me wear around in town pretty often, unless it’s really hot like in these recent days. In fact, mixing those tailored pants with a crop top, my favorite tan accessories, a pair of wedge espadrilles and gold jewelries quickly has turned into my go-to outfit.
Do you also face difficulties finding your best tailored pants? Share some useful tips on that in the comments bar.